Jul 24, 2017, 08:51 PM

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Revival

Started by DRAKEbaby, Mar 01, 2017, 03:51 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

DRAKEbaby

First off, I'm wondering if anyone even plays any more or if they even go to the forum if they do...but I still want to post here anyway!

I think this site needs a revival, some sort of campaign to get it into social media so people will see it and come play. This has to be the first time in almost 20 years I've gone here and no one was around to play a round. I don't want to see this site die!

If anyone has ideas or needs any help, reply to this or send me an email at lizdrake1988@gmail.com

Mooby The Golden Sock

Hi Drake,

We had a fully functioning board, however due to unforeseen circumstances we lost all of our data.  Since the forum was already waning when this happened we're not quite sure what to do next with it.  However, if you would like to be involved let us know.

Darken Wilde

Sorry to hear about the data loss.

Let me know what kind of help you need.

Darken Wilde

Couple few notes:

1. This software doesn't work. Could be a bad install. Could be bad configuration. Could be bad software. I've never heard of "SimpleMachinesForum". Never installed it either. Haven't ever used it, at least to my knowledge. Every post I've tried to made has failed, and only my Cmd-A, Cmd-C habits preserved anything I've tried to post.

2. Who owns the domain? Who controls the DNS? Both have gone pear shaped as far as I have noticed. Somebody with gumption needs to maintain control of these things.

3. Why is Mooby the one holding this bag? He's either the diabolical orchestrater of it all, or he's the patsy holding the murder weapon.

4. It took me, like, 8 tries to post two messages, and I know what I'm doing. This is either a terrible software choice, or you're pre-banning me before anybody shows up.

5. As much as I would love the idea that I'm so unbearable that you have deliberately constructed a cage where I can troll anonymously to nobody, I suspect this is shit software with bad understanding of the administration, and possibly complete ignorance of both of the above.

Darken Wilde

Still happy to help!

Not using this pile of crap, though.

Ruby-May

Where's kindergarten?

Mooby The Golden Sock

May 09, 2017, 03:38 AM #6 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:43 AM by Mooby The Golden Sock
Quote from: Darken Wilde on Apr 26, 2017, 07:46 AM1. This software doesn't work. Could be a bad install. Could be bad configuration. Could be bad software. I've never heard of "SimpleMachinesForum". Never installed it either. Haven't ever used it, at least to my knowledge. Every post I've tried to made has failed, and only my Cmd-A, Cmd-C habits preserved anything I've tried to post.
It's a beta of the upcoming release for the software we previously had on here.  I decided to install it so I could see how it looks while we figured out what to do with the site.

Quote2. Who owns the domain? Who controls the DNS? Both have gone pear shaped as far as I have noticed. Somebody with gumption needs to maintain control of these things.
The login info is posting in the original site planning Facebook group, but I don't think anyone else has touched it since I loaded this board.

Quote3. Why is Mooby the one holding this bag? He's either the diabolical orchestrater of it all, or he's the patsy holding the murder weapon.
I was the one who recovered control the site after we lost it.

Quote4. It took me, like, 8 tries to post two messages, and I know what I'm doing. This is either a terrible software choice, or you're pre-banning me before anybody shows up.
I haven't had any issues with it, though I haven't played around with it much.

Quote5. As much as I would love the idea that I'm so unbearable that you have deliberately constructed a cage where I can troll anonymously to nobody, I suspect this is shit software with bad understanding of the administration, and possibly complete ignorance of both of the above.
This is a fresh install with no adminning done on it.

This was intended to be a placeholder while we figured out what to do with the site, but we haven't figured anything out yet.  It was not intended to be a fully functional forum.

Aloha Bob

Aloha!   I came to check this site only to find this.  Well I hope the boards, the banter and the games do come back, but my sense is that unless the game is ported to an app, it's not going to live.  Anyone knowledgeable enough to do it?  I think Eric Zimmerman had offered the source code to anyone who would be willing to port it.

Darken Wilde

Quote3. Why is Mooby the one holding this bag? He's either the diabolical orchestrater of it all, or he's the patsy holding the murder weapon.

Who is "we?".

Thanks for picking up the pieces.

Mooby The Golden Sock

Jun 11, 2017, 09:40 PM #9 Last Edit: Jun 11, 2017, 09:41 PM by Mooby The Golden Sock
Quote from: Darken Wilde on Jun 06, 2017, 08:38 AM

Who is "we?".

The original owners of the site, though me and Meal are pretty much the only ones still checking in.

How's about I make you an admin and let you play around a little?

Darken Wilde

Quote from: Mooby The Golden Sock on Jun 11, 2017, 09:40 PM
Quote from: Darken Wilde on Jun 06, 2017, 08:38 AM

Who is "we?".

The original owners of the site, though me and Meal are pretty much the only ones still checking in.

How's about I make you an admin and let you play around a little?

No.

The greatest moments from the old Sissyfight were the greatest fights. You remember them.

It was the point of the game--girls fighting on the playground--and it became more than the gameplay.

It became people finding new friends across the world.

Then it became people punishing other people. You're not in compliance: BANNED. You said something that hurts somebody else: BANNED. You're... BANNED.

I've learned quite a lot from my Sissy friends, but the main thing I've learned is BANNING.

Everybody who is different from me: BAN THEM. If you disagree: BAN THEM. Build a community, and anybody who isn't 100% in collusion, BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN THEM.

On the other hand, you could accept that the world is more complex than your prejudices.

The world is more complex than any board can accommodate. Bad things happen, and good people compensate.

But that's not the Sissyfight history. Sissyfight history is about shame and exclusion. There is no Sissy history where Happy Meal and I can find common ground.

Mooby, you missed your calling. You're a nerd without art. You're incapable of creating something meaningful, so you create something didactic without meaning.

Mooby The Golden Sock

Quote from: Darken Wilde on Jun 27, 2017, 09:09 AMThe greatest moments from the old Sissyfight were the greatest fights. You remember them.
No.  I don't remember any great fights.  I remember a lot of petty, childish fights, but no particularly good ones.

QuoteThen it became people punishing other people. You're not in compliance: BANNED. You said something that hurts somebody else: BANNED. You're... BANNED.

I've learned quite a lot from my Sissy friends, but the main thing I've learned is BANNING.

Everybody who is different from me: BAN THEM. If you disagree: BAN THEM. Build a community, and anybody who isn't 100% in collusion, BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN THEM.
RQ was the only one banning on the original boards and for that reason the mods were often overwhelmed when her activity level was low.  On the previous version of this board we only banned the people who were straight up trolling or otherwise being dicks, and only after ample warning.  You never managed to get yourself banned, for example. 

QuoteOn the other hand, you could accept that the world is more complex than your prejudices.

The world is more complex than any board can accommodate. Bad things happen, and good people compensate.
You're waxing philosophical over a message board?  There's a difference between "complexity" and being a dick.  Walking out into public and speaking your mind taking a controversial stance is complexity.  Walking up to someone and punching them in the face is being a dick.  The former is free speech, while the latter is battery.  The people we banned were the message board equivalent of being the latter, and I don't recall anyone who was banned for the former.  While the two may be conflated in your mind, that does not make your accusations accurate.

QuoteBut that's not the Sissyfight history. Sissyfight history is about shame and exclusion. There is no Sissy history where Happy Meal and I can find common ground.
Sounds to me like that's very much your problem.  I never bothered with the childish drama on the old board and I still don't care about it now. As far as I know Meal hasn't even signed on here since I reloaded SMF, but whatever.

QuoteMooby, you missed your calling. You're a nerd without art. You're incapable of creating something meaningful, so you create something didactic without meaning.
It was never my intention nor role to reinvent the wheel.  I volunteered to help with the reboot because I know the board software.  That's it.  This was never my "calling" and I didn't set out to recreate history's turds that you have polished into fond memories.  SF was never my calling, but it's cute that you think that.

I gave you the opportunity to contribute for once rather than just complain about Meal/the mods/issues with the game development team that's not even related to the board.  But I get that that's not actually your thing.  If you just sit back and fling shit you can pretend that you're taking the high ground, but if you actually have to stick your neck out there, well, then we all might figure out just how useless you really are.

billzy

There's only 3 ways to truly revive sissyfight.   

1)  Turn it into a Facebook App and start spreading it around virally till it becomes a thing.

2) Native phone app.

3) It running from a site that connected to the native apps & fb apps. 

Considering its not like the current tap and wait forever apps that are centered around paying money for bonus points, it coudl be revived because it's original.

fluffykitty

Jul 13, 2017, 09:28 PM #13 Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017, 09:35 PM by fluffykitty Reason: Because I'm a Kindygirl and I can.
LOL at Darken Wilde still being here. Well maybe.

Yay for the Kindygirls!

*Sprays Darken Wilde with pink lemonade*

Go Up